Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
The Trust operates a large estate portfolio of secure mental health hospitals, clinics, treatment centres and offices. Patients in the secure environment have complex care requirements and their wellbeing and safety during any project implementation is the highest priority.
CorEnergy has supported the Trust, initially as a consultant in identifying, assessing and securing grant funding for technically and financially suitable low carbon projects, and more recently as CDM Principal Designer and Main Contractor in delivering a multi-million valued project programme across multiple secure estate sites.
- Designing and installing large-scale Air-Source-Heat-Pumps at two hospital sites, including all design works, location and acoustic assessments, electrical services, installation, internal heating preparation works, ducting and revisions to the heating system for space heating and domestic hot water. These works were designed and installed during the Covid pandemic, with the highest of safety processes.
- 1 MW of roof mounted Solar PV across 6 hospital sites, managing every aspect from system size, capacity, installation methodology and grid connection. Generator interlocks. Cable routes and inverter locations, electrical calculations. Compliant Scaffolding design, installation and electrical connection with no loss of power to the sites. Projects were designed using high quality modules from Q.Cells and SolarEdge inverters and optimisers for maximum project generation and performance monitoring.
- LED Lighting and Controls across 8 hospital sites with the majority of fittings anti-ligature. Control methodology was defined to incorporate comprehensive dimming functionality and compliance with British Standards for mains and emergency lighting and CIBSE LG02. All projects were safely delivered with minimal disruption to patients, and with maximum security.
- Consultancy, involving grant feasibility assessments and support in preparing a successful PSDS grant bid.
- Project monitoring, appraisal and financial and carbon modelling.
The multi-site, multi-technology installation was managed by CorEnergy simultaneously, with careful stakeholder engagement and management at every level to ensure the projects were delivered, against tight timescales, with maximum benefit to the sites, and minimal disruption to staff and patients.
Projects included both Trust sites and PFI owned locations and CorEnergy worked with the PFI to ensure the projects were successfully approved by the various technical and legal processes required.
£2.4m+ Project Value
Equivalent to planting 20,190 trees
772 equivalent homes powered
PSDS grant funding secured
Design and Build
“CorEnergy has worked with me on many projects over the last few years including LED lighting, Solar PV, heat decarbonisation (ASHP’s) and consultancy. The team has always been professional, experienced and focused on delivering technically and financially strong projects. They are experienced at working in challenging NHS mental healthcare environments and understand the operational complexities of delivering projects without impacting on the wellbeing of patients”.
Luke Champion, Energy and Sustainability Manager, Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
Get In Touch
We can help you appraise solutions or identify suitable projects, undertake feasibility assessments and understand the investment case to help your organisation reduce its carbon impact. Please contact the team to discuss your requirements.